Are you sure you want to delete this post?
You have to take the bad with the good, and New Year's Eve is no exception here. Sometimes I find an entertainer's bad performances just as entertaining as their good ones. So I went looking for a list of some of the best and worst performances on this fateful night. These entertainers crushed it, messed up entirely, or somewhere in between. You decide.
1. Jennifer Lopez 2009 - It was really good if she wasn't actually lip syncing. I kind of go back and forth on this one.
2. Gene Simmons catches his hair on fire in 1973 - I didn't know this happened, but I'm not surprised. This man might have caught his hair on fire whilst blowing fire, but it's still 100 points cooler than Micheal Jackson's hair on fire moment. \
3. Mariah Carey 2016 - This was a horrible performance. She told the audience "I want a holiday too, Can I not have one? I'm trying to be a good sport here." Good sport or not, lip syncing a live performance is bad for your health.
4. Jack Black and the Foo Fighters cover AC/DC 2003. He's one of the most talented physical comedians. Pair that with an ear for music, and you get show.
5. Plain White T's 2010 - Not only did it sound like the album, but the whole crowd joins in. Isn't that every musical performer's dream?
6. Fall Out Boy and American Rejects 2006 - These two power bands of the 00's do an uncanny rendition of "Let the Good Times Roll" by the cars.
7. Phish 1999 - All there is to say is that they made history by playing till dawn. That's right, they played 7 hours straight. And it's considered by fans as the greatest phish show ever.
8. Idina Menzel 2014 - She performed "Let It Go" from Frozen. It wasn't that bad of a performance, but the few bad notes she hit were memorable.
9. Billy Joe Armstrong 1999 - He suddenly stops singing in the middle of "Good Riddance" and admits to being F-d up. This one I would say was somewhere in between. He sounded really bad, but when he made his statement to the crowd, they cheered him on anyway.
10. Bruce Springsteen 1978 - Some idiot threw a firecracker at him while he was playing an Elvis cover. It glanced off his head and exploded. Like the legend that he is, he just kept on playing.
11. The Grateful Dead 1978 - They were the last to play at the iconic Winterland. Not to mention, the Blues Brothers opened for them.
12. One Direction 2015 - They did a five song set that pleased their fans greatly, especially after rumors had spread that they were breaking up.
13. Taylor Swift 2014- The poor girl tripped while walking off stage. Aside from that, she had a pretty decent performance.
So what is missing here? I would really like to hear what others think are memorable New Year's Eve performances.