Are you sure you want to delete this post?
This is really great news! Warner Bros. will be releasing all their 2021 movie lineup through both theaters and on HBO MAX. I really think this is the right move for them. I also think other companies will take note and follow shortly after. The only thing to really consider here is if they'll be able to turn a profit with this plan. It's just a completely different process than what they or any other companies is used to.
It's also worth noting that they have a pretty impressive lineup slated for this year.
- The Little Things (January 29, 2021)
- Tom & Jerry (March 5, 2021)
- The Many Saints of Newark (March 12, 2021)
- Reminiscence (April 16, 2021)
- Godzilla vs. Kong (May 21, 2021)
- The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (June 4, 2021)
- In the Heights (June 18, 2021)
- Space Jam: A New Legacy (July 16, 2021)
- The Suicide Squad (August 6, 2021)
- Dune (October 1, 2021)
- Elvis (November 5, 2021)
- King Richard (November 19, 2021)
- The Matrix 4 (December 22, 2021)
- Sherlock Holmes 3 (December 22, 2021)
- Judas and the Black Messiah (TBA 2021)
- MACRO (TBA 2021)
- Malignant (TBA 2021)
- Mortal Kombat (TBA 2021)
Not trying to shill for WB or HBO here, but seeing that these will be available on HBO MAX immediately on release day makes me happy to have the service.